Little Love Heart Shortbread
No occasion needed to make these lovely little shortbread, but as it's Valentines Day on Tuesday why not make a batch for the one you love? This recipe will make approximately 30 small biscuits, so you can halve it if you wish to make less.
100g icing sugar
200g plain flour
200g very soft butter
1 egg yolk
seeds from a vanilla pod or a dash of vanilla extract
If you have a food processor this recipe is extra simple but if you don't then it's no problem.
1. Heat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
2. Sieve your flours and icing sugar into a large bowl (or simply give a quick blitz in the processor.
3. Add the soft butter and vanilla seeds (or extract) and if using a processor simply process until the dough starts to come together and then add the egg yolk, process once more until it comes together in a ball. If mixing by hand use a wooden spoon to bring the mixture together and then add the egg yolk, mix some more and then work with your hands to make a smooth dough.
4. Flour your work surface and using a rolling pin roll out the mixture to approximately half an inch thick.
5. Using a round cutter, we used a fluted edge, cut out the shapes and place onto baking trays lined with baking paper.
6. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the biscuits start to look lightly golden.
7. Cool the biscuits on a wire rack.
8. When the biscuits are cool melt some chocolate, we used 70% dark but you could use white or milk too.
9. Paint the melted chocolate into heart shapes in the centre of the biscuits and allow to set. We use the narrowest angle of a silicone pastry brush to do this but you could also use an unused paint brush!
We hope you enjoy this recipe & we'd love to see any pictures of your creations!
Love Connie & Cooper
Leave a Reply.
Connie & Cooper
Sussex based Bespoke Caterers & Artisan Bakers