Rhubarb is one of our favourite fruits and as it is rhubarb season we thought we'd share one of our favourite ways to enjoy it.
This compote is so simple and will keep in the fridge for two weeks and is great on yoghurt, ice cream, with lemon posset, in a smoothie, with cake....we could go on!
To make a large jar full
• 5 stems of rhubarb
• The juice of 1 large orange
• A handful of fresh (or frozen) raspberries
• 70g Caster Sugar
• 3 tablespoons of water
1. Chop the rhubarb into roughly inch long pieces, place in a colander and rinse with cold water to remove any dirt.
2. Put the rhubarb, orange juice, water & sugar in a thick bottomed pan and place on a hob to simmer.
3. Leave to simmer for approximately 5 minutes until the rhubarb has softened, then add the raspberries, stir well and turn off the heat.
4. When it has cooled spoon into a jar and keep in the fridge.
If you are camping at Joy Festival this weekend then we will be serving a Rhubarb Compote for breakfast in our Granola Pots.
Connie & Cooper