Now that the days are getting warmer and the evenings getting lighter we all start to eat slightly differently. We made this salad recently for our Picnic Boxes at Street Diner and it proved really popular. It would also be perfect for BBQs!
To make enough a large salad bowl full
500g bag of Orzo
1 Red Pepper
1 Yellow Pepper
A bunch of Parsley, chopped
4 tbsp Olive Oil
1 clove of Garlic, crushed
4 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
Juice of half a Lemon
1 tbsp Tomato Puree
2 tbsp Paprika
2 tbsp honey
Punnet of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1. Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
2. Chop the vegetables, making the pieces of aubergine slightly smaller as they take longer to cook, and place them on a baking tray. Season and drizzle with a olive oil and then roast in the oven for approximately 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile cook the Orzo pasta according to the packet instructions, usually boil for around 9 minutes. Drain the pasta and run under cold water until it cools.
4. To make the dressing add the remaining oil, vinegar, crushed garlic, paprika, tomato puree and honey into a deep bowl or jug and then blend using a hand blender until smooth and completely combined.
5. In a large bowl stir together the orzo, roasted veg, chopped parsley and cherry tomatoes. Then season well and pour over the dressing. Stir again and then serve with your favourite picnic items or BBQ food.
Connie & Cooper
10/7/2022 08:16:11 pm
Production recently box after by every risk process.
Leave a Reply.
Connie & Cooper
Sussex based Bespoke Caterers & Artisan Bakers